In January-July 2022, nearly 2.5 million foreigners visited Uzbekistan; most of them came to visit their relatives.
The State Statistics Committee has provided data on the main purposes of the arrival of foreign citizens in Uzbekistan during the reporting period:
- to visit relatives - 2.2 million people;
- for vacation - 169.8 thousand people;
- for medical treatment - 44.4 thousand people;
- for business trips - 36.8 thousand people;
- for trading - 9.1 thousand people;
- for the purpose of training - 2.4 thousand people.
Since the beginning of the year, 2.7 million Uzbeks have traveled abroad to see relatives. In addition, 435.6 thousand people went abroad on vacation, 112.1 thousand people went to study. Also, 34.9 thousand people left Uzbekistan for treatment, 9.2 thousand people on business trips.