The Government of Uzbekistan adopted a resolution “On measures to improve the system for protecting women and girls from oppression and violence,” Norma reports.
The document approved the followings:
• Regulation on the issuance of a protective order, ensuring its execution, monitoring;
• Regulation on the procedure for persons, who have committed or are prone to exert pressure and violence, to correct their behavior;
• Form of a protective order;
• A scheme of events, the interaction of entities to issue a protective order, the timing and control over its execution.
The adopted document defines the procedure for the issuance by the internal affairs bodies of a protective order to injured women, as well as providing a copy of it to persons, who committed violence.
The main tasks of the correctional program are:
• prevention of cases of violence against women;
• addressing the causes and conditions that contribute to the occurrence of violence;
• identification and correction of latent forms of violence;
• conducting individual (or in the form of groups) explanatory work with persons, who committed violence and others.